Richmond Home

ABC Temporary License


Virginia State Law, and/or the University of Richmond, may require an event at which alcohol is served, to be licensed by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board. University Dining Services is licensed by the ABC Board for events they serve on campus and handles all legally required notification to the ABC Board. For events not served by University Dining Services, the sponsoring organizations/departments/approved guests/groups may be required to obtain an ABC temporary license. Contact the Coordinator of Substance Abuse Education, in the Richmond College Dean's Office to determine if a temporary ABC license is required.