Outside Vendors

Anytime an outside party provides a good or service, or does any work on behalf of the University, or occupies University of Richmond property for any use, a Certificate of Insurance meeting the University of Richmond's requirements must be on file, prior to the event. Outside vendors include all outside caterers, florists, and tent companies.

The Certificate of Insurance is an official document signed by an insurance agent or company, which outlines the types and limits of insurance carried by a vendor, contractor, or other party. By requiring vendors to submit certificates, we ensure the outside party is insured by a financially stable company, and that coverage meets University of Richmond requirements.

A current list of approved vendors, including outside caterers, can be obtained from Campus Dining Services. Please note that this list changes monthly, so check frequently for the most current information.